In March 2018 we went to Grandvalira, Andorra and Barcelona, Spain. It was our first time to Grandvalira & Barcelona, we all had agreat time.
In March 2019 we have chosen to go back to Cervinia, Italy. The Cervinia area includes the area of Valtournenche and, of course, on any given day, one can ski up and over to Zermatt, Switzerland. The famous Cervino/Matterhorn presides over this winter wonderland. The area begins at 2000 meters above sea level and rises to 3480 meters on the Plateau Rosa, all but guaranteeing plenty of snow fall. As a matter of fact, the skiing will be starting on 10/29 of this year.
The Cervino/Matterhorn is so close in Cervinia that you may feel you are actually skiing on it, rather than under it. The altitude means that snow conditions are good almost always-even when lower resorts are suffering. Though the skiing here is mostly forgiving, better skiers should not be put off. The altitude and length of the runs, plus some of the skiing to Zermatt can test most decent skiers.
A great place for lunch
The Plateau Rosa cable car
It's 3,480 m up and Switzerland is over the hill.
Cervinia offers 130 km of ski runs connected with Valtournenche with a total of 27 ski-lift facilities and an international connection with Zermatt, via the Cime Bianche Laghi - Plateau Rosa cable-car and the Bontadini chair-lift for a total of 350 km of ski runs served by a total of 59 ski-lift facilities with an overall carrying capacity of 78,782 people per hour. From Plateau Rosa, you can ski down towards Zermatt, or take the Ventina run: 11 km downhill from the 3,480 m altitude at the top to the 2,050 m altitude in Cervinia.
The Plateau Rosa cable car has a futuristic design with maxi windows ensuring spectacular views during your ride. Better comfort, better views and great fun! Again the 3,500 metres of Plateau Rosa tells the story of great skiing...
- Cervinia/Valtournenche - over 150K 56piste
- Longest trail - 22k (13.5mi)
- 56 piste - 57% red, 23% blue & 20% black
- Base 2050m
- Plateau Rosa 3480m
- Zermatt - 200k 75piste
CERVINIA / MILAN TOUR FEATURES
$2,850.00 per person, double occupancy
March 8 - 18, 2019
- Package Includes
- Round trip flight: Logan - Malpensa via Lufthansa Airlines
- Round trip motorcoach transfer: Malpensa airport to Cervinia Hotel
- 7 nights stay at: Chalet Valdotain ****
- Meals: daily buffet breakfast and dinner
- Taxes and operational expenses for above tour features
- Airline departure and security taxes
(subject to change until time of ticketing)
- Exchange Rate - 1EU = .85USD
|* ROOM TYPE||COST|
Left Switzerland, Right Italy
Plateau Rosa 3,480 meters
FOR RESERVATIONS AND INFORMATION CONTACT
Allan or Donna Douglas
Tel: (413) 634-5372
March 16 - 18, 2019
- Package Includes
- 2 night's accommodations: Hotel Crowne Plaza Milan City****
- Breakfast daily
- Hotel taxes (local visitor tax to be paid locally - Milan hotel)
- Ground transportation Cervinia to Milan hotel
- Transportation from Milan hotel to airport.
*Based on minimum of 10 paying participants
Cervino/Matterhorn Cervinia, Italy